Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Healthy Chewy Chocolate Cookies

I like to eat healthy, whole foods. I eat organic as much as possible too. I've seen a marked improvement in my health and weight since I made the switch over a decade ago.
A lot of people wonder how I can stand giving up refined sugars and flours. It is not that hard once you detox and replace them with yummy, healthy alternatives.
I've had many people ask me about recipes. So here is a favorite.

Chewy Chocolate Cookies

1 ½ Cubes Butter
½ Cup brown rice syrup
1 Cup coconut sugar (if needed add a little agave for more sweetness)
1 egg
Beat that together and then add and mix:
1 Tbsp vanilla
1 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
Then melt together:
 Another cube of butter with ½ C healthy chocolate chips of your choice
Mix ¾ Cup of cocoa powder with the melted mix
Stir all ingredients together and then add:
1 Cup almond flour
2 Cups rye or whole wheat flour
Add chocolate chips and chopped nuts if desired.

Bake for 7 or 8 minutes at 350 degrees—let cookies be a little under baked. Let cool.

Enjoy!

1 comment:

Valerie said...

They definitely look good!