Thursday, June 5, 2014

That moment when... I became a literary agent.



My passion has always been writing. And over recent years I've realized that I have another passion...other YA writers. Ever since being a part of founding and running Teen Author Boot Camp which, in the near future will be spreading to other locations, I have known that finding talented writers and helping them along is something I love to do.
So...I pursued this idea, and over time, one thing led to another and now I'm Junior Agent at Gateway Literary.This will be a journey. I know I have a lot to learn. But I feel certain that this is the path for me.
 I plan to focus on YA writers exclusively with particular interest in young writers, like the ones we see coming to TABC every year.

Stay tuned... because I'm sure I will have more to say along the way about this new phase in my career.

6 comments:

Shauna W said...

Congratulations Jo!!! Which book was picked up? More than Karma?

Elana Johnson said...

Holy cow, woman! You are amazing! I can't wait to watch you!

Jo Schaffer said...

Thanks, girl! :)

Jo Schaffer said...

Thanks! No actually it's a new project. :)

Michelle D. Argyle said...

Wow, this is amazing! Congrats!!! <3

Roland D. Yeomans said...

I'm very proud of you. You have a great many irons in the fire -- try not to get burned!

I know you will do well. My Stetson's off to you. Victor sends a wink your way and Alice blows you a kiss. :-)