Tuesday, September 6, 2011

You have bewitched me...body, soul and BRAINS!


Quickly girls-- the pentagram of death!

I am a huge Jane Austen fan. I never really thought I'd read P&P&Z... but I am.

 Basically the same story--with excerpts and quotes from the original-- except that Elizabeth Bennett is a martial arts warrior who kills "unmentionables" with skill and viciousness.
 Since the outbreak of the "plague" many people of society are trained in the arts of zombie battle. Zombies break into social events and balls, attack travelers in the carriages and cause mayhem wherever they go.

 Darcy is a great warrior and proud of it. Elizabeth is determined to defend her honor when he slights her at the dance and plans to behead him. Gonk!? She roundhouse kicks him when he confesses that he cares for her. Hiyahhh!

 Oh, and she fights ninjas and eats their hearts out.

Yeah, it's weird. Not sure what I think of this gimmick yet... sometimes entertaining and funny but mostly an eye roller so far.

Read anything different and strange lately?

15 comments:

DEZMOND said...

and there's also a film adaptation coming up :))

Aurora Smith said...

HAHA. I am so not into Zombies, but this one intigues me.

Bkloss said...

Ha. I couldn't get myself to pick up this book either. Let me know how it is, if you finish it :)

I mean, Lizzy Bennett wanting to behead Darcy SOUNDS pretty funny...

Golden Eagle said...

I liked Pride and Prejudice and Zombies, and I thought the sequel was good, too; though after a while the whole eating brains thing started to get on the nerves . . . :P

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

I'll wait for the movie.
Would like to read the book about zombie Trekkers though...

Sarah Tokeley said...

I really enjoyed it but I'm not sure I'd read another now the novelty's worn off.

NiaRaie said...

That photo is adorable! Also, I've been reluctant to pick up the vampire/zombie versions of Austen and other authors, but I'm definitely going to give them a second look now.

Roland D. Yeomans said...

I enjoyed the book, ABRAHAM LINCOLN, VAMPIRE HUNTER by the same author. Here is the fascinating book trailer for it :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X58RPS665V0

Loved the photo, Roland

Unknown said...

I've been too cowardly to venture into it. thanks for sharing some insights.

Alleged Author said...

I have this and I LOVED it!

Talli Roland said...

I have this novel, but I haven't got around to reading it yet! Maybe I should soon...

Susan Fields said...

That picture cracks me up - poor cat! I haven't read that book and I doubt that I will, though it certainly sounds, um, interesting.

Sean Thomas Fisher said...

Always reminds me of the Linkin Park/Jay-Z mashup album, which is awesome. But there is nothing worse than zombies ruining your founder's ball.

Shannon Lawrence said...

I've wondered a few times if these books would be worthwhile. For me, unusual is the memoir I'm reading currently, rather than the usual horror and fantasy, LOL.

Hart Johnson said...

I think if I ever ventured in, it would be exactly FOR the eye rolling. It isn't really my thing, but I love that it's doing well--I appreciate campy and 'so bad it's good'.