Friday, January 4, 2008

Lemon Fresh


I don't write enough on this blog. I have so many little thoughts and vignettes that I should put on here but - don't seem to get around to it as often as I would like. My boys are in the other room playing with their new Christmas toys. Holiday decorations are put away, the house guests have gone.I have a crazy burst of energy right now. I found myself scrubbing the tile floor with a big brush, on hands and knees with a bucket of water. The kind of old school cleaning that actually gets the job done. Speaking of cleaning- I have been on a cleanse since January first. Day four of not eating, only drinking glass after glass of that lemony concoction...I feel amazing. I bought a juicer yesterday- I intent to go onto a juice binge after my cleanse. I wanted to start the New Year right. Clean out the body, the closets, the mind and start fresh. It is an invigorating and spiritual endeavor. It is funny how many benefits can come from one principle. Fasting is so empowering...and it isn't just a practice for the religious- It is a necessary practice for your body (which is probably why God has told us to do it- like so many other things there are dual purposes to his will that we don't always see until Science catches up. Kind of like how negative thoughts actually alter our brains- he knew that before we did- "watch your thoughts..."that's why we obey just because he said so- he knows.. )
If you have ever done a cleanse- you know what I mean. My last cleanse was in the spring...I did it for ten days and I felt incredible. My mind and body was alert and quickened. The juice fast that comes after the cleanse is recommended to be forty days. I may do the whole thing. SO much of it is mind set, too- for health and for enlightenment...I have had such a positive experience with it in the past I am actually excited to do this twice a year as recommended. Anyhow, that is what is new here, 2008 is here and I am ready for it, lemon fresh.

6 comments:

imageseer said...

Lemons,...ha, you've been drinking lemons..hew, what a relief, I attributed your yellow skin color to jaundice! hey, jo thanks for sharing your thoughts..honestly!

imageseer said...

hey, snow girl...i'd love your feedback on what I wrote on http://seerchild.blogspot.com/.

Maribel said...

You inspire me! Fasting has taken on a new significance for me as I've learned of its benefits too. Thanks for sharing your insights with me.

Kathleen and Stephan Seable said...

Cleansing is good. Rather like repentance.

Mark and Kiss said...

wow! I think I might be brave enough to try it, sadly I love food so much it is rather psychological, however I think I am at the point where I need to make a more advanced effort for the sake of health, but I can't do it now. I hope this desire stays after the pregnancy.

The Lipman Bunch said...

it's cool that you write stories. i love to write also. I HAVE THE HIGHEST GRADE IN MY WRITTING CLASS. I AM SCARED TO MAKE ANY MOVEMENTS IN THAT CLASS THOUGH PRACTICLY BECAUSE I AM [NOT PERPOSELY] A TEACHERS PET. GULP!