Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Me at the Helm


My Uncle Don has everything and charm, too. As a kid we loved family vacations visiting him because he was so affectionate and had such exciting stuff! We did not have a lot of anything but siblings. Time with Uncle Don meant, delicious foods, resorts, plane rides, private islands and yachting. Here I am at the helm of one of his yachts. He always made me feel special. I think back and realize that I was able to experience some wonderful things that most people raised broke would never have because he was willing to share. If everyone did that- nobody would feel poor. I am grateful to him and anyone rich willing to enrich the lives of others. Tee hee. Good times.

6 comments:

Claremont First Ward said...

I love reading about your childhood experiences.....for years (since I've known Kirsten) I've thought it would be cool to time travel and be able to spend a day with your family when you were all growing up. Now that I know your family has some colorful characters as well as just being full of goodness, I really wish it were possible! :)

Kathleen and Stephan Seable said...

Actually, we were millionaires in disguise. We didn't want you kids to know how much money we had or you might demand things and become spoiled rotten. So we paid relatives and friends to supply special things and events so we could enjoy them as a family without having the baggage of your knowing we had a lot of money. Pretty clever, eh? Love, mom and dad

imageseer said...

I'm jealous, I've always wanted to travel on the sea by sail boat!

MomladyHeather said...

I remember that trip. It felt especially special to be able to go to the little store and buy anything and charge it to Uncle Don's tab! Whoo HOoo that was so cool. We felt like top banannas for a change!HAHAH

Guido Mania said...

hey,I just barely figured out how to work this thing!we havnt seen you guys in like forever! hopefully we can come and visit soon! talk to ya later,bye love,theresa

M.R. said...

almost sounds like a uncle richard! i really like that picture, he looks like a true skipper! its awesome that your writing down memories like this, even in my past there are tons of things i have forgotten!

the comment your parents posted sounds like something my parents would say!