Ch-ch-ch-ch-ch-changes!





Decided to reactivate this blog and record the thoughts and happenings of my new life. Maybe share useful topics when moved upon to do so. 

I feel a little bit like I am starting over. So much has changed in my life that coming back to this blog felt a little bit like an archaeological dig. "Scattered pictures of the life I left behind..."etc.

Everything previous to this post represents bits of my past life. I am now remarried, living in a new state and have a new publisher (reboot Stanley and Hazel and new book Badlands). But the title still rings true, I still feel like I am digging in a Jo storm.

Do you ever feel like that? Trying to make order while everything is in motion and shifting--I think that's largely what the human experience is. We try to create predictability and homeostasis with routine and structure. It works to some degree, but the truth is that all of it could implode at any time.

Maybe that's why I write. It's my attempt to organize chaos into something cohesive, and to assign meaning to the suffering and challenges that are all a part of the human experience. To make all of the collective experiences lead to a happier ending.

The Hero's Journey. We're all on that path now. There's something hopeful in knowing that phases come and go and that suffering and transition leads to new life.

That's what makes life good. Not just the good things that happen but the good that comes from the culmination of all experience, good and bad. Pain when mixed with hope brings patience and understanding, which gives birth to compassion, gratitude, and wisdom.

 The more we dig the more we grow and know. So let it storm.


How has a storm in your life led to growth?




Comments