Thursday, November 11, 2010

Writers Cubed-- New Website!

A couple of years ago I joined a writers group of amazing and talented people. With their support and passion I've been able to finish several drafts of my novel, start a sequel and really dig into the biz of writing. I have learned so much from the group. Each person contributes with unique strengths and with a style all their own. Not only are we babes who write, but we sing, play, laugh and pull all nighters like nobody's business. We love writing and we love each other. It has been an incredible journey. Writing can be a solitary enterprise. Finding like-minded people to bounce things off of and to "have my back" has made the creative process so collabortaive and fun that sometimes I forget that it is hard work!

Our group, Writers Cubed has just launched our website http://writerscubed.com/ . Our mission statement is:

"To become better writers through collaborative practice and study, to encourage perseverance by combating self-doubt, and to validate members and other writers by helping them realize and achieve their full writing potential."

Currently, we are putting together an exciting Teen Authors Bootcamp for Spring 2011, where young writers can mingle with authors and learn from gifted professionals in a series of little power-up classes. There will be activities, food and plenty of fuel for the creative fires of young and upcoming writers. More on this to come.

Check out our new website Writers Cubed and follow our blog.
Keep on writing!

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay us!!!! Tell Aaron he's my hero.

Roland D. Yeomans said...

I wish you and those you touch all the luck in the world.

Unknown said...

You're awesome Jo. Makes me kinda want to cry.

Hart Johnson said...

Looks like a great group, Jo! I'm a little jealous you all get to get together! My writer's group is sprawled, but they are my favorite people--looks like you all feel the same way, so I wish you a ton of luck!--you said a young writer's conference--is that online or LIVE? And if Live, WHERE? I know a young writer locally who might be interested.

Okie said...

Sounds like fun. I'll hop over and subscribe. Thanks for letting us know. :)

Susan Fields said...

Best of luck with your new endeavor. And I agree, writing buddies make the world a happier place. :)

Tammigirl said...

I would like to be able to get this blog delivered via email. Are these subscriptions something you would be willing to consider?

Thanks!

Valerie said...

Fun pic and it sounds like an awesome group to share your talents and personalities!

Margo Kelly said...

You are so awesome! I gave you an award on my blog! Check it out. :)
www.margokelly.blogspot.com

Elana Johnson said...

Woo hoo! I will see if my firewall will allow me access. If not, I'll come back when I get home! :)

Reana said...

Thanks Jo for doing what you do and having our backs ;)

Heidi Jarvis said...

What a great idea. I wish I was a "teen". :)

Anonymous said...

Very cool site. Congrats on launching.

Suzette Saxton said...

Love the new website! And the pics of your group are fantastic.